



For spring break our family planned a trip to the Anderson's cabin up past Snowville. We packed our ATV's and headed out on Thursday. We pulled in and got a tour of the cabin. While we were inside, the kids went out to play and no sooner did I hear a thump and so I looked out the window and saw Tyson on the ground crying. While he was outside he was standing under a swing that was held up with some big logs. While some kids were swinging, the swing broke and the log fell and happened to land right on Tysons leg (this is according to the kids outside). I carried him in, he wouldn't put any weight on his leg, nor would he straighten it out. We waited for a half hour to see if he got better. He didn't so we packed the kids back up and headed back for home. We enjoyed about 45 minutes of our trip there. We got back to Logan and went to the Insta Care. I waited in the waiting room for about an hour and finally got called back. They took X-rays but had to straighten his leg to get them. The nurse had to hold him down while I went and pushed the buttons for the X-rays. It turns out he broke his tibia or fibia(the biggest bone) right in half. The next day we took him to the Hospital and got his leg casted. He picked red. The next day we got a wheel chair and took the kids to the Baby Animal Days but forgot our camera. The kids had a really good time (even Tyson forgot about his pain for a couple hours). I was really grateful Renald was home for the weekend to help carry Tyson around. He will be in a cast for 6 wks and cannot put any weight on it the entire time. He goes back to get X-rays on Thursday to make sure he doesn't need to be operated on and make sure it heals right. We have our fingers crossed!
4 comments:
Poor little guy!!! At least the cast will be off just in time for summer fun, I can't imagine having a sweaty cast on all summer!
Poor little Tyson! That doesn't not sound fun at all!!! It was really good seeing you the other day! Your kids are super cute!
Ouch! That is a big cast for a little guy. It looks like he's being treated well. Does he enjoy being waited on yet?
o man..that stinks. I feel for you all...especially poor little ty ty. It was good chattin with you the other day.
Post a Comment