The Farnsworth Family

The Farnsworth Family

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Austin's Special Day









On September 6th, we had our first family baptism. Renald baptized and confirmed Austin, along with Grandpa Folkman, Raymond and Grandpa Farnsworth. We were asked to have a family member give the opening and closing prayer and a talk. I asked Austin who would he like to have give a talk on his special day. He really wanted cousin Oakley to give the talk, and Oakley said okay! Thanks Oakley and Michelle!! When I asked Austin who he wanted to give the prayer's, I narrowed it down to the Grandpa's, (I was fearful he might ask me)! He chose Grandpa Folkman, and Grandpa Farnsworth gave the closing prayer. It was pretty special to have a lot of the family participate. Austin looked so grown up and handsome. After the baptism, we all headed over to our house for lunch. After lunch we headed over to our stake fair, and did all the games, face painting, dunking machine (Oakley was the only one brave enough, Austin didn't want to get dunked twice!) and the kids waited in line forever to get a shaped balloon, which most popped about 2 minutes after getting them. That night we headed to the Fun Park where all the kids had a blast. We played a game of Laser Tag, Farnsworths (Renald Austin and Jason) against the Busks (Raymond Michell and Oakley), Farnsworths are still undefeated!!We missed seeing John, Mel and kids, Joel, Tanner, Scout and Jordan. Thanks to everyone for coming, we had a wonderful time.








4 comments:

Boudrero said...

So cute. Wendy..you look so pretty in the family photo...as always. Tell Ausin congrats!! Peyton was thinking about him on his baptism day.

ndpettingill said...

Wendy I love your kids.. they are so stinkin cute! Hopefully Danielle doesn't bug you too much while we're at Powell :)

Trent Megan and Kids said...

Congrats on having the oldest reach such a milestone. I'm glad everything went smooth. It's funny I talked to your mom that weekend and she never mentioned a baptism. Glad your blogging!!

Roberts' family said...

Sounds like a great day. Austin looks so big and grown up. Congrats on a big milestone!